Saturday, December 03, 2005

Using Google Base to Promote a Library Program

Google Base is a free classified ad service that posts notices for 30 days. I saw that one of the categories is "events and activities." So I made a page to promote my library's Friday at the Ford concert for January. Not all of the fields on the template made sense to me, but they mostly disappeared when I left them blank. Some fields have Xs for deleting them. Here is the result.

How would anyone ever find this event promotion? Well, the Google Base search box works well with keywords, if the seeker knows to seek there. Also, if a person click the "events and activities" link, she can then search by town or zip code; this might be more likely if Google Base becomes popular. I do not know really whether it was worth doing. It was free. It does not hurt to try.

No comments: