Sunday, June 12, 2005

Blogging the ALA National Conference

I'm looking at a calendar and I see that the big ALA conference in Chicago is only two weeks away. I will be there with thousands of other librarians. I hope you will be too, if you are so inclined, but if you are far away, you can still follow the action through blogs. No longer will you have to wait a couple of months for the delivery of American Libraries and Library Journal to read about the conference. Many bloggers are anxious to tell you right away, if you can just find their blogs.

Meredith Farkas has come to the rescue and has started a list of conference bloggers that is growing daily. I recommend checking out the blogger now to get a sense of who they are and which might cover the topics that interest you. You will see a good cross section of the library world represented in these blogs. Several of the blogs are joint efforts still seeking volunteer reporters, including the PLA blog. Here is your opportunity. I have an assignment for LITA blog and will report here as well. Enjoy the conference from near or far.

No comments: