Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Forty Years of Simon and Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water Album


Why don't you write me,
A letter would brighten
My loneliest evening.


Architects may come and
Architects may go and
Never change your point of view.
When I run dry,
I stop awhile and think of you.


I'd rather be a forest than street.
Yes I would.
If I only could,
I surely would.


Jubilation,
She loves me again,
I fall on the floor and I'm laughing.


Tom, get your plane right on time.
I know that you've been eager to fly now.
Hey let your honesty shine, shine, shine.
Da-n-da-da-n da-n-da-da
Like it shines on me.


Sail on, silvergirl,
Sail on by.
Your time has come to shine.
All your dreams are on their way.


In the clearing stands a boxer,
And a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders
Of every glove that laid him down
And cut him till he cried out
In his anger and his shame
"I am leaving, I am leaving"
But the fighter still remains.


I'm taking a day off audiobooks to listen to this favorite old album.

1 comment:

jrzygirl said...

Celia, you're breaking my heart, you're breaking my confidence daily...

They don't write 'em like that anymore! Thanks for sharing.