Thursday, March 15, 2007

Additions to the Librarian's Book Revoogle

I have just added seven librarian-generated book review websites to the Librarian's Book Revoogle. If you have not heard, the revoogle lets you search for book reviews written by librarians or posted on library websites.

A Fuse #8 Production - children's book reviews and news

Biblio File - many children and YA reviews, some adult reviews

Bluestalking Reader - book reviews, news, and author interviews from a library program coordinator

It's All About the Book - lots of YA fiction, some adult reviews

Mostly NF Blog - from Pierce County Library System, Washington

Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast - children's books, poetry, interviews with authors

Tillabooks - emphasis on science fiction and fantasy

As I have said before, please send me any new library book review suggestions. I try to add as many as I can. I have added all but one so far. The one library website I left out assigned URLs for its webpages by numbers with no hierarchy, not allowing me to limit to just book reviews. Because that library had a lot of other content, its inclusion would have lessen the reliability of the searches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, RickLibrarian,

Thanks so much for the link! Very sweet of you to give my blog a plug on yours. I try to surf around regularly and find other library-related blogs, but I don't think I've ever found you before.

I'll add you to my blogroll so I can find you again. The memory's not what it used to be...

What was I saying?

Will said...

Hello RickLibrarian,

I appreciate your adding Tillabooks to Revoogle, only I'm not sure it's working. I tried searching Revoogle for a number of books reviewed on Tillabooks, and never got any hits.

Just wondering . . .

Thanks,

Will