Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Two New Wikis

Yesterday I joined two new wikis.

While working on my funding request for this summer's American Library Association Conference in Washington, D.C., I discovered that the Official Conference Wiki is already up. It looks much like the wikis from 2005 and 2006, to which I contributed some museum information and book recommendations. There will be much useful conference and visitor information. I signed up and was the second person to join the blogging list.

Catching up on my reading of AL Direct, I learned about Nancy Pearl's Book Lust Wiki, which is trying to build a community of book lovers. As of a few minutes ago, there are already 787 members. I joined, added two links to blog lists, and started a profile. I also added a title to the Best Books of 2006 page.

Later yesterday I got welcome messages for joining both of the wikis. What a good day!

No comments: