Thursday, July 13, 2006

Jersey Rain Record on Open Worldcat is Off by Many Miles


Jersey Rain Worldcat
Originally uploaded by ricklibrarian.
When I checked the Open WorldCat record to which I linked my review of Jersey Rain, I found that the tool for identifying closest libraries was way off. I put in the zip code for Downers Grove, Illinois and was told that the closest copy is at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom, 3919 miles away. I double checked our local SWAN catalog to make sure I had not used a British ISBN. I had not. There are many copies with the ISBN in the Chicago suburbs.

This beats my finding last fall that the closest copy of Larry Dierker's book This Ain't Brain Surgery to Big Lake, Texas was in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Click on the photo and then click on "All Sizes" to get a better look.

No comments: