Monday, April 17, 2006

Maggie Reads: A Blog About Books

I found a new blog on books that I like, Maggie Reads, which is written by an enthusiastic librarian from Mississippi, Maggie Moran. Her mission is "MAKE MISSISSIPPI READ."

Maggie Reads is an attractive blog, with lots of book covers and other photos. Maggie reviews quite a variety of books. In the past few weeks she has recommended books for Earth Day, reviewed a novel about nineteenth century Libya, written about a new Eudora Welty book, and posted Ranganathan's The Five Laws of Library Science. To my great interest, she has written about The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, expressing ideas that did not occur to me. If you go back to February, you find that she recommended books about New Orleans for Mardi Gras.

The best thing about Maggie Reads is that it makes me want to read more books!

2 comments:

maggie moran said...

Oh, my!

Thanks for the blog spot! I'm honored!

I’m looking forward to subscribing to your feed when I figure it out. I only have so much time to devote to Blogging in a Snap.

The DiCamillo booktalk hits the newspapers this week and I’m so nervous. Do people see similarities or should I be preparing my defense?

Thanks again! I love the encouragement and would love any constructive criticism.

Good Day!

ricklibrarian said...

I hope we hear more from you. I've enjoyed what I've read so far. We have an uphill battle promoting books and can use all the help we can get. Good luck with the booktalk.