Saturday, November 12, 2005

Updating Adding Reviews to Open WorldCat

After adding some reviews to Open WorldCat yesterday from my library, I tried again today from home. It did not work. Like before, I got to the point of clicking the submit button and nothing happened.

When I talked to OCLC yesterday, I was asked what Internet browser I was using. That got me thinking about how I have been intending to add Firefox to the home computer. I use it at work all the time, but had never gotten around to loading it at home. So, I loaded it and I was able to submit reviews to Open WorldCat again.

I wonder if something went wrong with my Internet Explorer 6.0. I know I used it before to submit reviews. It has been slow lately. It is a mystery to me.

The point of this is, if you are unable to submit the reviews to Open WorldCat using IE, try Firefox.

No comments: