Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Einstein on Libraries


Einstein on libraries
Originally uploaded by ricklibrarian.
I saw this photo on LibrarianinBlack with an invitation to make my own quotes for the Einstein photo. It has taken me a week to finally do it - I am obviously not moving at the speed of light. This photo is so "last week," but at least I am moving, and I think I am getting somewhere. One of the environmentally friendly mutual funds promotes "slow and steady wins the race." I wonder.

Change in libraries has come relatively quickly in the past decade since most have been online with the Internet. Is the force for change coming from within libraries or are they being pulled by gravitational forces? Better libraies are plotting their own trajectories.

Don't get pulled into a black hole! Start plotting.

No comments: