Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I've Been Tagged: Four Things

I have been tagged by Meredith of Information Wants to Be Free for the Four Things Meme.


I have looked up the word "meme" and still do not have a good handle on it. It appears that it has something to do with replication with modifications. Whatever, there is the Four Things Meme bouncing around library blogs. Bloggers answer the questions and then ask four other bloggers to answer the questions. It seems to be a good way to get to know other bloggers.


Four jobs I’ve had:

1. Disc jockey/radio announcer for a very small radio station in West Texas for $50 a week - the owner said I actually should be paying her for the experience I was gaining.


2. Wheelchair attendant helping students in wheelchairs get to classes at the University of Texas - they called me a "pusher."


3. Clerk in the school supplies section at the University Co-op in Austin - I sold 100-count packages of data punch cards to computer science students for 69 cents.


4. Desk assistant at the Howsen Branch of the Austin Public Library - I also got to help with the puppet shows.



Four movies I can (and do) watch over and over:

1. Lord of the Rings trilogy
2. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
3. all the Harry Potter movies
4. Mary Poppins (I still love this movie.)

I also want to mention Much Ado About Nothing and Field of Dreams and Room with a View and Amadeus.



Four places I’ve lived:

1. Big Lake, Texas - it does not look like the town shown in the movie The Rookie.
2. Austin, Texas - everything you hear is true.
3. Columbia, Missouri - I still have occasional Daniel Boone Regional Library dreams.
4. suburbs of Chicago - Riverdale (where I heard the trains day and night), Brookfield (with its wonderful zoo), Downers Grove (with its wonderful library)



Four TV shows I love:

1. Star Trek Next Generation
2. M*A*S*H
3. Masterpiece Theater and Mystery
4. Monty Python's Flying Circus



Four places I’ve vacationed:

1. Kenya and Tanzania twice (with wonderful friends)
2. Greece once (Bonnie and I riding the Greek buses with the Greeks)
3. Costa Rica once (with a Brookfield Zoo tour)
4. South Dakota once (with wonderful friends)



Four of my favorite dishes:

1. Carrot cake, which Bonnie makes for my birthday every year
2. Greek sampler at Greek Islands, which has all my favorite Greek items
3. Enchiladas, any kind
4. Raspberries from our yard

A lot of favorite foods are left out of this list, such as many of the pot luck items at our library luncheons. We may have the best food of any library on the planet. I wonder how this could be verified.



Four sites I visit daily:

1. Thomas Ford Library website
2. Bloglines
3. Writely
4. Flickr



Four places I would rather be right now:

I am really quite happy where I am, here at home with the PC, with a nice family, in a nice community. Still, I would enjoy being:
1. On the north rim of the Grand Canyon
2. In the first balcony in the Auditorium Theater in Chicago
3. In the Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania early in the day before the middle of the day tour crowd arrives
4. In the stadium in Delphi with a slight breeze whispering through the evergreens



Four books (or series) I love:
1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J. R. R. Tolkien
2. No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith
3. anything by Wendell Berry
4. anything by Muriel Spark



Four video games I can (and do) play over and over:

1. Hearts
2. Minesweeper
3. Tetras
4. nothing compares to the first three


Four bloggers I am tagging:
1. Aaron at Walking Paper (He was tagged before, but never responded.)
2. Jane (not really her name) at Wandering Eyre
3. Michael at Library Dust
4. Kelli at 'Brary Web Diva



No comments: